Anyone sing that title in their head? Just me?
I’ve been doing this instagram/blogging/social media thing for about a week and a half. I don’t know what I am doing but I’m loving the learning element and I am really finding most people out there to be supportive and interesting. I have completed 90% of our packing (the last minute stuff like bottles, etc need to wait until literally the last minute). I can honestly say that I am pretty much the most excited I have ever been about our upcoming adventure.
There are a few reasons for this.
- It is Harrison’s first time overseas! I can’t believe we waited until he was almost 5 months. Considering he had a bit of a rough start (spent the first month of his life in the NICU) I am happy with waiting but I have been dying to watch a new continent through his eyes.
- We haven’t been overseas since last Fall! AHHHH!!! Nothing like an overnight flight and a taste of everything that is wonderful about Europe (WINE, CHEESE!!!) to re-energize you and make you feel alive.
- I am going to have so much content! SO.MUCH.CONTENT. I can’t wait to share our experiences with you and to continue this living, breathing record book for my boys to have forever.
- My hubs. I get to have him completely when we are away. No work (a few check ins here and there), no odd jobs around the house, no sporting events with his friends. I get to have him all to myself. I know the boys feel this way too.
- George. Swimming. That is all. Literally, the boy loves the water and to be able to give him a pool/ocean all day everyday for two whole weeks makes me so happy.
What is your favourite part about the pre-trip?
I’m not going to lie and say this week has been a dream. I have literally ran non-stop from the moment my feet hit the ground out of bed until I collapse getting everything organized for our trip and for when we get back (back to school, etc). BUT, that being said, the reward is there…dangling in front of me. A glass of vinho verde and a beautiful sunset in Portugal await!